Our Core, Cultural Values are a set of statements that describe our attitudes, beliefs and values. They describe how people within our community of faith aspire to behave towards other people. Our Core, Cultural values are all found in scripture and in particular are all evident in the story that Jesus tells of the Prodigal or lost son (Luke Chapter 15:11-32). It was during the preaching of a sermon series from this passage that we developed and summarised our Core, Cultural Values. They help us know God better and help us behave in Godly ways.
Our Core, Cultural Values are:
- We know and experience God as Father and we choose to act like Him
- We know that we are always sons and daughters of God and choose to treat others as such.
- We know and experience freedom and we choose to give freedom to others.
- We choose to give outrageous love and outrageous honor to others.
- We watch to ensure that pride and resentment do not get into our church culture